The issue is not giving me the best email address to contact you on, the issue is whether you are serious about being the best you can be.
In business, you can’t do everything yourself. That’s where partners and collaborators come into play. You need people that you can trust and rely on.
Also, you need to understand what and who you truly need. Your ingrained preferences and beliefs may not be the best way to base decisions. You may be very different from those you work with, but that’s ok!
Determine what’s important to you. Find people who share similar values. Building a relationship based on values, rather than skills and competencies, will help it succeed and last.
Identify what characteristics and qualities you need in your ideal employee, collaborator and/or partner. Characteristics may include requiring excellence, ownership, and responsibility for their work.
Take action to find the people you need. Go to networking events and participate in social media outlets. Put your need out there and be clear about what and who you are looking for. Then the right people will apply.
Bettina helps people understand themselves and helps them to break through any debilitating habits they may have to achieve the success they want. Habits include having your own ideas about how things should run, what works and what doesn’t, what you think of yourself, and what you think of others.
She is the founder and director of Aronagh, and co-founder of Evolve Beyond Redundancy.
This week’s challenge is to find business partners and collaborators who you can trust and rely on.
Bettina’s Actionable Tips:
- Know your values. What’s truly important to you? How do you know when you got it?
- Be clear about your expectations. Are your expectations unsaid? Are you getting what you expected? What do you need? What are the boundaries?
- Form an agreement/contract with the other party. Write down your actual words about what you need and expect.
- “We tend to always go for the same people when we look for suppliers, when we look for business partners…”
- “This person’s now contacted me, why don’t I give this a go?”
- “We grew stronger, as a team.”
- “At times, we all want people just like ourselves, which is very often…the entirely wrong way to look at things.”
- “The key thing was excellence. They absolutely required excellence.”
- “It saves time, cost, energy.”
- “This is the place. I’m fitting in. I can succeed. I can make this work.”
- “Confidence comes through competence.”
- “Most people are absolutely happy to provide you with a referral.”
- Aronagh (aronagh.com)
- Evolve Beyond Redundancy (http://www.evolvebeyondredundancy.com/)
- LinkedIn (linkedin.com/in/bettinapickering)
- Facebook (facebook.com/bettina.pickering)
- Google + (https://plus.google.com/+BettinaPickering/posts)
- Facebook (facebook.com)
- Google + (http://plus.google.com)
- Google (google.com)
- Twitter (twitter.com)
- Bizcrowd (https://bizcrowd.com/)
- The Essential 14–Day Guide to Cutting Your Working Hours and Increasing Your Impact (https://www.excellence-expected.com/cwh/)
- [01:04] Challenged issue
- [01:14] Guest introduction
- [03:16] Recruitment and pictures of people
- [04:50] Guest’s success and enterprises
- [08:35] Partnership differences
- [09:02] Applying principles to all businesses
- [09:17] Employee recruitment and characteristics
- [12:08] Success experience
- [13:00] Sharing core values
- [14:18] Where to find people
- [18:03] Intentions
- [18:35] Networking hubs
- [20:44] Actionable tips
- [27:18] Guest’s links
Don’t forget, the more you expect from yourself the more you WILL excel!