The issue is not giving me the best email address to contact you on, the issue is whether you are serious about being the best you can be.
There's no doubt that when you have an idea and want to take it to the next level, you need buy in and people to support you. You need to be perceived as someone that people know, like, and trust. As you develop those three pillars – you become a person of influence.
But are you willing to be patient? Influence does not happen overnight. It takes times. You need to be consistent with the people you want to serve, connect with, and sell to – that will lead to success.
There are several existing influencers. People are successful for a reason. It is wise to learn different models of success. However, do not do everything exactly like someone else. Then you are not being authentic – you are not being yourself.
Instead, focus on growing your own influence. Focus on your own dreams and passions. Besides focusing on yourself, focus on the people you want to serve and help. Treat your followers like friends, not numbers.
Create conversations with them to build influence. People will notice you, talk about you, and tell others about you. Some of those people can become your best allies.
Find your own voice to achieve influence!
Jared is known as the Zig Ziglar of the podcasting world. Also, he is an author, podcaster, and co- founder of largest international podcasting conference called Podcast Movement.
In this podcast, we challenge the issue of growing your influence and determining whether it is beneficial to follow someone influential and match what they are already doing.
Jared’s Actionable Tips:
- Stop chasing influencers. Instead of focusing on someone else’s dream, focus on your own dreams and passions.
- Collaboration is essential. Strategically align with other people.
- Be the noticer. If you want to be noticed, you need to notice others. Express general interest in others.
- “I want to continue to do work that I enjoy and try to do it on my own terms.”
- “How can you take the skills that you have and how can that translate into a contracted role where you have more flexibility with your time to build what you feel compelled and led to build on the side?”
- “Influence does not happen right out of the gate. You have to earn it. You have to grow it.”
- “Convenience is King.”
- “Those who are diligent – prosper.”
- “Grow your influence. And don’t focus so much time on what the big boys are doing.”
- “Collaborating with other people increases the visibility of what you’re doing, and it increases the likelihood of success.”
- Pat Flynn (http://patflynn.com/)
- Lewis Howes (http://lewishowes.com/)
- John Lee Dumas (http://www.entrepreneuronfire.com/)
- Michael Hyatt (http://michaelhyatt.com/)
- Richard Branson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Branson)
- Twitter (twitter.com)
- Facebook (facebook.com)
- Tony Robbins (https://www.tonyrobbins.com/)
- The Essential 14–Day Guide to Cutting Your Working Hours and Increasing Your Impact (https://www.excellence-expected.com/cwh/)
- [0:40] Challenged issue
- [1:11] Introduction of guest
- [2:03] Guest’s background
- [6:48] Influence
- [10:30] Growth impacts
- [12:00] Following existing influencers
- [16:21] Creating conversation
- [18:25] Building connections
- [26:35] Actionable tips
- [29:04] Guest’s links
Don’t forget, the more you expect from yourself the more you WILL excel!