So, iTunes is gone! That's right, in a move that has been speculated and guarded terribly for a long while now, Apple just announced the break-up of iTunes in favour of three new apps that includes Apple Podcasts for desktop! Also, they announced a far better podcast search experience, whoop!
Here's a quick roundup of every announcement that could affect podcasters:
- Streaming audio API for Apple Watch and independence from iPhone – could be huge for podcasting and very cool all round.
- iOS 13
- Audio sharing on AirPods – listen to podcasts with friends
- HomePod hand off is great for continuous listening
- iPad desktop class experience means production is more like desktop so could be great for podcasters.
- Mac OS Catalina
- Splitting iTunes
- Apple Music
- Apple Podcasts
- Apple TV
- Apple Podcasts
- Discoverability is getting better, new feature: content index of transcribed audio to allow better and deeper search
- Who knows what else you’ll be able to do inside the Apple Podcasts desktop but this is an interesting and intriguing step
Welcome to The Podcast Accelerator, the thrice-weekly show that brings you podcast education, industry insights and straight-talking reactions to podcasting news.
I’m your host Mark Asquith, The British Podcast Guy and CEO and co-founder of Rebel Base Media, the podcast tech company that creates the Podcast Success Academy, Podcast Websites, Poductivity, Rebel Base Studios & Captivate.fm, the world’s only growth-oriented podcast host where you can get your first month of podcast hosting for just one dollar and transfer an existing podcast in, completely free.
Thank you so much for joining me on the Podcast Accelerator, remember to tell your podcasting friends that the show is available to listen to for free in any app that supports podcasts and if you’re wondering what the best next step to take for your own podcast is, whether you’re a new or veteran podcaster, go and take our short, five minute survey where I’ll help you to diagnose the main issue holding your show and your podcast growth back and give you access to our free, vibrant Podcast Rebellion community, weekly free group coaching from me, actionable and insider-only emails and even a free invitation to The Podcast Success Academy – invest five minutes now to grow your podcast by heading to RebelBaseMedia.io/grow.
Don’t forget the more you expect from yourself, the more you WILL excel!
P.s. get your free 90 day AWeber trial right here, with code “ExEx” – MarkAsquith.com/AWeber
Do you have an email list?
You need to build & maximise one, now.
Write Better Emails in
Stuck on what to write in your emails?
- 6-day course on how to write your most important emails.
- 30+ fill-in-the-blank content templates -
Copy. Paste. Edit. Send.
Become an Email Marketing Master
Ready to level up your email marketing?
- Access ALL of AWeber’s Email Master Class content for free.
- 6 videos of instructional videos covering all key areas of email marketing.