- June 2017 - Santander, London, UK
- August 2017 - PowWow, Leicester, UK
- August 2017 - Podcast Movement, Anaheim, U.S.
- September 2017 - MAPCON, Philadelphia, U.S.
- September 2017 - Marketed.Live, Derby, UK
- October 2017 - FinCon Expo, Dallas, US
- November 2017 - Youpreneur Summit, London, UK
Brief bio & overview
It’s been over 20 years since the “incident” with a hot dog. Can a sausage really shape YOUR personal brand? Intrigued? You should be!
After quitting his job at age 23 so that he didn't have to work for "nob heads" any longer, Mark decided to try his hand at digital product development and began working with some of the UK's biggest organisations, including the NHS, JCB and the Ministry of Defence.
But that wasn't enough, he struggled with the effect that the famous "hot dog incident" had on him and decided that the only way to actually control his own lifestyle was to work truly for himself.
So, in 2008 he set up his first "real" business.
Less than 12 months later he royally screwed it up, having only £60 in the bank and having to let his whole team and his offices go.
Since then, the Hot Dog Kid has learned his lesson and has gone on to found a globally successful design agency, two tech startups, the UK's #1 business podcast and a personal brand that has created an audience of worldwide fans of his "no shit" attitude.
Following a blaze of glory burnout in 2012, he is a regular speaker across the world at tech, business and media events, particularly in the United States.
- A straight talking, no bullshit millennial speaker.
- Talks on productivity, startups, work / life balance, personal branding, digital product development, user experience and all aspects of modern marketing.
- Spends all his speaking fees on hot dogs and beard products.
- Once heckled Rick Astley enough to upset him.
"I LOVED your session today. It might have been the most impactful session for me this whole year and made me think in a completely different way. Thank you so much for sharing and teaching us how to do seriously excellent work!"
FinCon 2017 attendee
Click to download each image
Short web bio.
Mark Asquith is a serial entrepreneur who has built globally successful design, marketing, software and digital businesses since he quit his real job in 2005. A passionate podcaster, global keynote speaker and helpful bloke, Mark is the co-founder of Podcast Websites and the creator of Excellence Expected. He has a terribly embarrassing beard.